Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Florida or Bust

Wow, I almost forgot that I even had a blog. Seriously. My life, so to say, has been in a very chaotic slope for the past couple of months. Sometimes a downward slope, sometimes up. I'm finally moved down to Florida. While it's been both busy and exiting it's also been very draining and a bit heartbreaking. I've literally packed, unpacked, moved, then packed and moved and unpacked for the past month and half. I would NEVER recomend that to anyone. However, because of my lease ending earlier than I was ready to leave I got a chance to move in with Sang-Woo for a bit and it was awesome. It was really nice to wake up to him every morning and just spend as much time with him as I could.

So here I am. Broke, jobless, thousands of miles away from someone I love and care about a great deal. But then, I"m also with my family who I also care a great deal about, I'm living with one of my best friends, my father and I wake up every morning to beautiful, clear skies and warm weather right on the water. So I've got a lot going on in my head right now. I've got a lot of 'what if's' so to speak. Which in turn has given me a pretty big dose of anxiety because I just made a very big decision with my life and I'm just trying to live through it and with it and hope it was the right one.

Things are still new and I'm discovering all kinds of adventures. Like for instance, what happened today. My dad and I went down the street to the gym he works out at and after our very brief workout (in a hurry today bc of course we've got 50 things to do before nights end) we're driving through a stop light (green of course-very obviously bright green) and we're doing about 40 which is the speed limit and from our right hand side, out of a CVS parking lot comes this guy riding his bicyle flying right out into the intersection. Not even on a cross walk. Thank god my dad saw him out of the corner of his eye because I honestly think we would have killed him. The brakes locked up, I was thrown a bit to the windshield (no seat belt bc we'd literally just left and I was looking at paperwork) and we smashed right into him. Knocked him right off the bike and he flew up and onto the hood of our car and then fell to the ground. The car was still coming to a complete stop and I had already jumped out my door and was running over to him asking him if he was ok, are you ok, can you hear me. He kind of looked at me for awhile and just sat there. Then, he opened his mouth and started speaking some very broken english and I started to take in his appearance. He looked like he might be living with just that bike and himself. The police came right away and the man started going off, screaming obsenities in broken english, yelling that his body is worth more than 1,000 and our car and some other mubbled garbage that no one in their right mind could make out. It was pretty intense. WE didn't get cited because the man is a raving lunitic and obviously did not obey and traffic rules what-so-ever but it definitley made us a bit jittery. The cops were pretty nice. Didn't talk much. Filled out the paper work and then looked at the guy like he should put away. The cop actually said 'he's a mental patient' and when my dad said he could have killed the guy the cop actually said something along the lines of 'too bad you didn't" I couldn't believe it. I've only been here for 3 days. Jesus. So thats my story for the week I hope.

I still have plenty of boxes to unpack and stuff to organize but it's coming around. At least I'm back to running again. It's a very slow and painful start but it's a start. My knee isn't acting up yet and I'm going to keep my fingers crossed but my body isn't physically in the shape that it used to be. I can feel the muscles in my legs screaming when I round that second turn or I start to climb that bridge that I run every morning. I'm sore basically and I haven't felt that total exhausted, muscle burning soreness that you both hate yet welcome at the end of a workout for quite a while.

I'm flying out tomorrow for Allison's wedding in POrtland Oregon so I'll be there till Sunday. I swear I feel like all I do is settle in one place and then jump back up and go on to the next. But, good news,, no GREAT news is that I get to see Sang-Woo!! He's flying out Thursday and staying with me for the wedding and I am so excited I could burst. I can't wait to see him. I believe this is a test for me and for him as well. If we can get through this then we can get through anything. So we'll see what happens. But I miss everyone tons and some of you I will see in Hawaii, some of you I will see for Thanksgiving ;) you know who you are, and the rest I will see when you get your butts down to Florida to visit. ha!! Have a good week and weekend everyone. I'll be blogging more once I get the internet because I'm sure I'll have more time on my hands. Take care

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelley said...

thanks for the update! ive been waiting for that... ive been thinking about you lately wondering how the move went and how you are adjusting. Glad to hear things are going well. :-) have fun at the wedding! Keep bloggin' :-)

September 13, 2006 at 8:00 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

oh..my...god..i cant believe that! glad you didnt kill him. i cant imagine that would be easy to live with, yikes. glad yall are okay!

i hope the wedding went well, i cant wait to hear all about it! thanks for blogging, muah!

September 18, 2006 at 10:30 AM  
Blogger Heather Enos, Ed.S., NCSP, BCBA said...

hang in there chica.. life sounds exciting, crazy, and scary all at the same time! miss ya lots.

September 19, 2006 at 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home