Friday, October 20, 2006

long time no see

Hello, hello. I'm alive. Traveling a bit, but alive. This is a picture of this past weekend when my mom was in Tampa visiting friends. I drove over Sunday night when I got off work to stay the night and hang out for a bit. It was a good time. Lots of driving for sure!!

I'm in Chicago right now. I flew in Tuesday morning so that I could spend the week with Sang-woo before I leave for Hawaii on Saturday with the gang. Let me just say that I am freezing my ass up here. Most of my winter stuff is packed away in boxes in Cincinnati so when I packed some stuff for this week I must have forgotten how cold it is here. Geez. Just the fact that when I went outside yesterday and I could see my breath in front of my face, well that was the kicker. But to not sound all negative, it is kind of nice to have that fall, halloween feel because with it being 90 degrees everyday in FL I don't really get that season. So however brief, I'm going to enjoy it.

It's been great hanging out with the BF, which will make it even harder to leave him again when I get back. :(

So right now I am just working at a restaurant trying to save some money while I send out resumes and try to find a real 9-5 job. I'm also picking up some freelance work through one of my mom's friends that lives in tampa and works for a design agency. I guess their clients and work are growing at such and large rate that they need to pull someone else on, like a freelance (ME!) I didn't really want to continue with design work so much because I'm trying to move more into event marketing but I'll take what I can get. It's all about networking too so you never know who I'll meet through these people.

Hope everyone is doing good. Hope homecoming was fun. Miss everyone.

2 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

aww, jess im sorry you have to leave sang woo again. :( glad you had fun in tampa with your mommy! cool that youre getting freelance work, even if it wasnt what you had in mind. the $$ will be good atleast! i think you will do so fucking awesome in event marketing. thats awesome. yeah, its cold in chicago. bg was freezing. it was snowing when we got there. tom and i walked out of the airport and were like...uh...wtf? miss you girl, homecoming wasnt the same without you! (neither was the fight in the parking lot)! ha! memories...

October 26, 2006 at 10:13 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

u need post. ; P

November 3, 2006 at 2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home