Tuesday, November 01, 2005

can't really focus

well i had a great weekend! I think I passed out pretty early on Saturday but that'll happen when you help cash 2 kegs in less than 3 hours and move onto the picnic table filled with liquor. I don't know which was worse....the crown royal or captain morgans. Normally these two are very good but, after beer, and together (from what I remember) not so good. So needless to say, I woke up at 8am fully clothed in my strawberry shortcake outfit. And I would have still been wearing my heels too if my friend Jeremy hadn't taken them off for me. Aww, such a pal. Lets just say my two soccer games that I had to play on Sunday were very eventful. We won the first, thereby moving us up to another game in which we lost a 1-0 lead to tie it to 1-1 and went into overtime and lost on a fluke of a goal. I didn't care though, I just wanted to get back to bed. It was pretty funny playing though. At one point, I went to jog over to midfield and trip over absolutley nothing and fell on my face. I layed there laughing for a good 5 minutes bc I knew my fall was due to drunkeness. So funny.

Then I just laid low the rest of Sunday but this week has already started off kind of bad. Just really really tired. I"m getting 8 hours of sleep but yesterday during a meeting with my boss I could barely keep my eyes open. He probably thought I was stoned because my eyes were mere slits. I kept pinching myself and tapping my legs and arms in desperate need of energy but alas, none of it helped. I skipped the gym last night and laid on the couch till I passed out around 10:30 but, once again, my body feels like a huge wrecking ball in not only mass but speed and I just know it's going to be another long day leading into another long week. I hate this.

3 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

um yeah i cant really focus either. i should probably let you know that i only read the title of your blog and stopped there. because, well, i cant really focus. : ) so um, cheers!

November 1, 2005 at 1:30 PM  
Blogger David Stehle said...

It may be a long work week, but look at the bright side...Friday night/drinking night is only 3 short days away - YEAH!

I feel your pain with the hung-over sports. I remember once going to basketball practice and running suicides (not sure if you know what those are - short sprints kind of ). When I reached down to touch the baseline, I hurled all over the court. I tried telling my coach that it was from the sheer physical effort I was putting out - you know how you can workout so hard that you will actually make your body puke? Well he didn't buy it obviously because my bloodshot drunk eyes told a different tale. Oops.

November 1, 2005 at 2:36 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

actually going to take it slow this weekend and lay low. i'm going to vegas next weekend so i gotta save up.

I hear ya on the suicides. I had to run those all the time for volleyball and one time I had a horrible asthma attack. It was so embarrasing. But oh to be young again and be able to sustain all that running......*i'm sighing over here. ;)

November 2, 2005 at 8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home