Monday, October 10, 2005

here comes the bride......

Well I just wanted to tell everyone the good news. One of my best friends from grade school ... ALLISON RUTH... is getting married!!!!! She got engaged this weekend. Her boyfriend came to see her in L.A., she's there on business, and he took her to the beach at night and popped the question! Awwwww... This is the stuff her and I talked about when we were in 6th grade and now its happening. Plus I am helping her plan the whole wedding! Yes! As you all know this is the icing on the cake bc I LOVE..to plan stuff and be the organizer. So, planning is under way. The wedding is going to be this summer. The official date or location hasn't been decided but alli will be coming to Chicago in a couple of weeks for work and we are going to hit up all the bridal shops imaginable. I'll probably get so sick of trying on bridesmaid dresses but I"m sure alli will love every minute of trying to find the perfect wedding gown. I"m so excited! She doesn't read this but I wish her the best of luck!

13 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

That's awesome Jess. You are going to have a blast helping her plan this wedding. I'm sure it will help get your spirits up too.

October 10, 2005 at 8:13 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

congrats alli!!! whoo-hooooo!!!

October 10, 2005 at 9:22 AM  
Blogger Kelley said...

aww thats awesome! Congrats to her! Large- u should be an event planner for a side job! youd be good at that! :-) hope u can help me with mine someday :-)

October 10, 2005 at 1:01 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

aww thanks kel-of course i'll help you when you get hitched. you just let me know and i'm there. :)

October 10, 2005 at 1:51 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

okay, this is what im thinking..since it seems most natural that kelley and ryan would get married first, and life always seems to work backwards, i bet melinda and adam are the next to get married, then amy and john, shellie and ray, then kelley and ryan. then tom and i. : ) (larger you're getting married, but since i dont know your future husband yet i cant put you on the schedule. : )

October 11, 2005 at 7:27 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

My money is on Shellie and Ray!

October 11, 2005 at 10:44 AM  
Blogger Kelley said...

ahah good call Melissa! yeah i dont know when ill get hitched! heck ive been waiting forever. But no i think it will happen someday- just gotta be patient! :-) that would be hilarious if the dawes and adam got engaged next!!!

October 11, 2005 at 12:53 PM  
Blogger Kelley said...

haha thats funny! That would be hilarious if the dawes and Adam got engaged next! :-) ill prolly be last :-) oh well :-)

October 11, 2005 at 12:56 PM  
Blogger Kelley said...

ok i had blogging issues I didnt think it worked so i re-posted. whoops oh well!

October 11, 2005 at 12:56 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

dude i'm not getting married! I"m going to be everyone's wedding planner and favorite aunt!!

October 11, 2005 at 1:51 PM  
Blogger 1308 Rose Bower Ave said...

i dont really see me getting engaged anytime soon, but stranger things have happened.

October 12, 2005 at 7:18 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

holy shit! is that melinda kae dawes that posted?! you are alive?! how the hell are ya man!

so, amy's money is on shellie and ray, my money is on either melinda and adam or amy and john, im having trouble deciding. : ) large and kel, whos your money on? ( i feel like this is some kind of game!)

October 12, 2005 at 1:03 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

yeah i'm gonna go ahead and pull one out of left field and say that winget will meet someone and get hitched first, surprising us all. Dare to be different!

October 12, 2005 at 1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home