huh?!
I decided to decline from the lunch invitations today. I usually get one a day and if I am lucky I'll get two because the employees like hassling me or because one or the other didn't get the memo so they both end up asking. But, once again, I declined. A lot of it has to do with avoidance and I spend about 20 minutes a day thinking of a legitimate excuse as to why, once again, I can't go today. I decided instead to sit at my computer, check/update blogs, and eat a yogurt while washing it down with a sugar free red bull. What a lunch I tell ya. I'm trying to be healthy and my form of healthy is eating small quantities (which is next to nothing during the day) and whatever that quantity is it needs to be good for me. Now don't get me wrong, I used to pack a very generous and still healthy lunch, that consisted of a sandwich, jello or yogurt, some wheathins and of course the red-bull. But I noticed that the more I ate during the day at work, the more tired I was by 2p.m and I just can't have that. There is nothing worse than staring at the time in the bottom right hand corner of my computer and watching the minutes click by. 2:01, 2:02, 2:03. I literally check it that many times. Yeah I know this means that I just dont' have enough work to do but after I go all nazi in the morning and get everything together and set up, I just can't fathom the idea of doing anything remotely productive after lunch. Until....that is, I discovered that if I settle for just having the yogurt and the red-bull I am actually full enough and awake enough to carry on throughout the day.
Yes, I am a loser! No, I don't have an eating disorder! For those of you worried or sickened by the above statements let me just clarify that when I get home I eat a very large dinner that consists of more than two things. We're all proud now I'm sure and everyone is dummer now that they've read this post.
I'm gonna be a poser too and say 'Happy Hump Day'

2 Comments:
freak!
kidding...i'm the same way-the bigger the lunch, the sleepier (is that a word?) my afternoon is. i dread the commute home when i'm out of energy from eating too much...the eisenhowser sucks on its own-it doesn't need any help. =D
but seriously...freak! (lol)
hi! glad you found a way to stay awake during the day! good work!
Post a Comment
<< Home