Thursday, February 17, 2005

AntFarm?

As I was driving to work today I decided to have an outer body experience. There I was looking down at myself, all dressed in my work attire, chugging along with the other mindless people who still have yet another 30 minutes before they are fully awake and operational. I sat thinking, we look like ants, ants that are marching off to the same ant hill to do ant things. Do I want to be an ant? All the ants look the same. I remember graduating from college and thinking to myself...'wow I have a degree, I can't wait until I get an adult job where I get to dress up every day and finally get paid to sit in front of my computer and design, this is gonna be so cool'. And then reality slapped me which a huge bucket of icy cold water and my brains been on defrost ever since. I'm going through the motions, still trying to warm up but you know as soon as you get warm you gotta get outa the car and the process starts all over again. Defrost, ants, fricking getting up at 6 a.m to get ready for work. Was I on drugs when I had this 'cool' revelation in college? Can I please have them back then if I was?
I think its winter. Yes I think that is what is wrong with me. Maybe I just realized I don't like winter. Sure I like winter on vacation when there is skiing or boarding involved as well as the case or 2 of beer we all consume when we are on vaca. That's it! I musta been drunk in college when I thought becoming an adult was cool. Hmmm...wonder if they carry beer in the vending machine at work. I'll have to check on that!
So I'm back in my body, driving endlessly to a job where I get dressed up, sit in front of a computer, sometimes design but mostly search the web, and get paid. I start remembering my weird dreams that I had ( I slept from 7-6 so there were a lot, i'm sick so i'm allowed to sleep)and I remembered that in one I had lice. Ewww gross right, and upon closer inspection the lice resembled huge creatures that....now that I think of it....resembled ants. Hot damn, in a round-a-bout way I am just messed up in the head. Ants....I swear they are following me everywhere. Now I think I am one. Damn snots clogging my brain. I'll be back to normal soon. I swear.

4 Comments:

Blogger shellie said...

yep we are all ants. and we live in the sand. and we like to crash picnics. haha. u r funny. sorry you are bored with 'the daily graeme" (jk) the daily grind....anyway maybe you need a little coffee in your life....its like human fuel. human gasoline. haha.

write me back dude.

February 17, 2005 at 11:34 AM  
Blogger miller said...

you just summed up my entire professional life in two paragraphs...

oh god, that's depressing. :)

February 17, 2005 at 4:40 PM  
Blogger 1308 Rose Bower Ave said...

large i think you are a good writer. usually people who read a lot are, so keep up the good work. i guess you can learn something from those cheesy romance novels. hehe. love you!

February 17, 2005 at 9:00 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

yep, you need the design job that everybody wants.... MY JOB! hahaha. honestly though, once you find a fantastic design job, you're the happiest girl in the world. just call me...."exhibit A" ; ) move to tex, ill get you the perfect job!

February 18, 2005 at 8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home