Saturday, February 26, 2005

SprayMeBaby

this isn't going to be interesting because I have 50 millions things on my mind so that is why I haven't posted in awhile. I went spray tanning for the first time in my life and let me just tell you it was terrifying. I got the lay down on what I was supposed to do before hand and how I was supposed to stand. So then you step into this booth that looks like a mini photo lab but without all of the equipment. So it basically resembled one big human cardboard box with no windows. Scary shit huh? Did I mention I am afraid of the dark? Yeah well that didn't help. So then you have to stand there and push this green button, close you eyes and raise your chin. The whole time I am anticipating something that I don't know. Is it going to be cold? Is it going to sting? What's it going to feel like? And then as it sprays and I freak! I forgot to hold my breath so as soon as the spray leaves my face to travel the length of my body I suck in a nice, huge, chemical invested breathe of poisoned air. Now I am freaking out even more because I think i have enhaled the spray tan. It travels back up to my face....wait....wait...wait I am running out of breathe. Ok it stops....I have to turn around and do the other side. God, did I mention that it was freezing! yeah the spray was ice cold. I'm used to going tanning and laying down in a nice warm bed, relaxing, not thinking about much and burning the hell out of my skin. so this is definitley a new experience. As soon as I was done I couldn't wait to get out and towel off. I swear I was scrubbing my body as hard as I could for fear that I would look like one of the oopa loopa's from willy wonka's chocolate factory. So I survived my first spray tanning experience. On to live another day! Now I have to go and run the other million and a half errands I have. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

2 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

hmm. i think ill stick with the nice warm bed, or better yet, the texas sunshine!

February 28, 2005 at 9:55 AM  
Blogger shellie said...

haha! OMG it scares me everytime I go...and I always inhale a little bit of that stuff....I think to myself oh this must be better than skin cancer, but then i think well maybe not, I guess I always hope that they will come out with a pill that just "warms" my pigment a bit...you can see through my skin on normal days. haha.

but the pill thing would be too easy and then people would overdose and then they would take it off the market for orange skin syndrome.

haha. did you see our picture???? hello???? my blog miss jessica large!!!!

March 1, 2005 at 8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home