OrangesDesignJobManPantsHuH?
I had a really weird dream last night. Well....actually I had a really weird dream this morning during the hour I decided to sleep in since my boss is out of the office for today and tomorrow.
I literally woke up at 6a.m, brushed my teeth, had the revelation that I could go back to sleep and not get in trouble bc no one would be here to catch me, laid back down and was asleep immediatley. In my mind it was as if I closed my eyes to re-open them instantly in my dream.
There I was, sitting in front of a middle-aged, semi-attractive, business casual woman who was sitting behind a rather cluttered desk. Standing next to her was her business partner and I assume her 'partner' in other aspects of life as well, this information I gather later in the dream. She is looking at me intensely like she has just spoken and possibly asked me a question. But I am dumbfounded, because as you recall, I have just entered this dream so my guess is as good as yours as to what she has just said. So I do what most people in my situation would do, I just nod my head and give my most winning smile in dear hope that this will suffice until she produces the next question. It seemed to work because she smiles back. Am I in an interview? All of the sudden, like a light shining down from heaven, I have one of those hazy flashbacks that movies show where a person's memory is restored in an instant through a series of slide-show images. I am in an interview for a design job. Thats it! Thats all of a flashback i got.
I hurridly look down and notice that at least I am dressed in this dream. And properly for the occasion by the looks of me. While I am earnestly awaiting the next question, the woman grabs a pencil and paper and quickly sketches a image of what looks to be a crude drawing of an orange. She knowingly hands me the sketch and says, "ok so if you could just go into the conference room to your left and work out the drawing we talked about so i could have a look and get an idea of your skills that would be great!"
Huh?!
What?
Is she speaking english? Am I supposed to have any idea what she is talking about? Did she just draw an orange? What, does she want me to re-draw it better for her or is she just starting me off on a fruitbasket motif? Of course I'm not going to say, 'excuse me, I just morphed myself into this dream and I only came in at a certain point, so I've missed the begining. Could you give me a re-cap and possibly tell me what in the hell you are talking about!'
Nope, not me. Apparently I am devoid of any rational thought process while in this dream state. I smile, gather my things and head to the conference room. But not before I witness this woman stand up and stick her hands down the pants of the man who was standing next to her. It almost looks as if she was trying to tuck in his shirt but upon closer inspection I see she is really untucking it and wispering slying to him while they both giggle. Jesus! I don't think i am supposed to be seeing this! I practically run into the conference room.
Sitting down I study the crude 'orange' sketch in my hand and figure, well..she just stuck her hands down that man's pants so I think whatever I draw could pass as something promising because she is obviously having a good day! I sharpen 3 number 2 pencils to the point where they could be considered a deadly weapon in some countries and begin to doodle. Two seconds later in breezes grubby grabbin woman, "Hey, I'm gonna have to ask you to leave for the day. We have contractors that have decided to show up early for the day and they need this room. It was great talking to you and we'll be in touch. Make sure you fill out an application and send it in this week."
"um..yeah ok. Thanks. It was great talking to you to...I look forward to speaking with you and...." images of the de-pants man shoot through my head. Shit what was pant boy's name? For that matter, what is the woman's name. Hell I don't even know what this company's name is. I am trying to pick up my things as quickly as possible bc i feel dumb now and unprepared for an interview that I was only half in. Why do I have so many damn bags? There's like 5 shopping bags full of clothes and bras and underwear. What did I do, go shopping before hand and just pop in to answer a couple of quick questions? I'm a flighty valley girl. I'm never going to get this job and I don't even know what this job is but it matters.
The contracters, who sort of resemble dirty construction workers, begin to file into the conference room and i am panicing. How do I make a professional exit?
urh!.. urh!.. urh!.. urh!
I reach out and hit the snooze button on my cell phone. Damn alarm. Urgh..I hate getting up for work. God it's freezing in my room, did I just have a dream about drawing an orange? Man I'm weird! Frickin freezing in here. I hope today goes by fast. Weird dream.

5 Comments:
yeah maybe you are psychic specifically for graeme's life! ha! good story, i was enjoying the read...especially all the racy stuff. haha! maybe that woman interviewing you is your sexual frustration manifesting itself. that happens to me all the time! haha. its like you wake up and you're like wTF ???
if u need help with the orange design i can give u some feedback, haha.
omg i SO do that too!! but i figure its also cause I get nervous around people sometimes! haha, but for sure sexually frustrated!! haha!
um, omg, lots of text scares me. im not joking. i am unable to read your post. please tell me on the phone. ; )
i think its just that most of us can't read as fast as you large-y (as lance would say)....it was a good story i thought.......but it just took me like 15 minutes to read it.
:) love yas.
okay , okay, so i finally read it. only cos you didnt update your blog with something shorter. but GREAT dream. one of my fave's. and good writing. i felt like i was reading a book, probably one that was above my reading level since i dont read. larger you're making me smarter! haha that rhymed! cool. bye.
Post a Comment
<< Home