Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I had trouble sleeping last night.

I saw the movie "Hostel" last night and it scared the ever living shit out of me. I was in a constant state of 'freaked out' and 'omg I am so disturbed I think i'm going to vomit.' It was weird. What else can you expect from something that involves Quentin Tarantino.

But seriously, I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that I was like "oh my god, seriously, that could happen". If you've ever traveled abroad and really 'backpacked it'. And I'm not talking about traveling abroad and staying in hotels. That is an experience in itself but not what I'm aiming at here. I mean roughing it.

You don't know where you're going next, half the people that our now your 'close friends' are randoms you met last night at the bar and probably bonded with over numerous pints of god only knows what and the fact that you both say 'hello/allo' different. Roughing it to the point that you sometimes wake to find yourself in a bed, but not yours and not necessarily the bed of someone you've hooked up with, just the place you fell the night before. Or worse, the sidewalk you laid down on only to awake and find out that that sidewalk is connected to a very busy, main street. All because you didn't know where you were going to sleep that night.


Because of all of this, because of the whim of irresponsibility embraced without a thought...you befriend and trust certain people that ultimatley might not be that friendly. Added to that you could probably trust them about as far as you could throw them. Combine all of this, all of this knowledge and carpe diem attitude, that brief time where you throw caution to the wind and try, just this once, to let go of your inhibitions and just experience everything, you could easily find yourself in some serious life threatening trouble.

THIS is why "Hostel" scared the absolute shit out of me. I can't even count how many times I've put myself in similar situations where something really bad could have happened to me. Don't get me wrong. I had some kick ass times and lots of memories but jesus, talk about giving yourself the willies. Yikes. In my opinion, whatever it's worth - Good movie. Recomend seeing it if you can stomach it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Heather Enos, Ed.S., NCSP, BCBA said...

since i want to backpack i think i'm going to avoid the movie..

i will call you this weekend, only cause your not verizon and my bills are outrageous. i'll continue to look up flights !

whoah chi town trip :)

January 25, 2006 at 2:02 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

who does that? sleeps on a sidewalk thats connected to a main busy street in rome? i mean, how would i know that was in rome? strange... ahem. anyways, i may avoid the movie as well seeing as how i cant handle scary movies. i dont need anything to make me more paranoid that im going to die or get hurt or kidnapped than i already am. : )

wtf heather with the chi town trip? 2 months ago you were saying "dallas trip"... trader. : (

January 26, 2006 at 6:44 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

lets see pics of this boy homie

January 30, 2006 at 8:26 AM  
Blogger 1308 Rose Bower Ave said...

Boy? what boy?

January 30, 2006 at 8:57 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

ohhhh don't you wish you knew!!! i'll post a pic soon and to those that are really special I will email some of the more entertaining ones. Oh man...the things I do when I consume alcohol!

January 30, 2006 at 2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home