Couldn't resist. I tagged along
1. What did you do in 2005 that you’d never done before? borrowed money from my dad and an ex boyfriend
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? My 05 resolution was to get out of the bartending scene and push my design career forward. I did that but now I feel like I've sort of fallen back and am treading water. Yes I have lots for next year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? yeah my cousin joan and my ex pat.
4. Did anyone close to you die? no. i keep my finers crossed
5. What countries did you visit? mmmm Jamaica even though the only part of it I saw was the cab ride to margaritta ville but damn that slide was fun. And I won a margaritta in a booty shaking contest. hell yeah.
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005? a better understanding of design concepts, a bigger portfolio, more freelance work and a better job with a higher salary. Aim high right? :)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Being happy with myself.
9. What was your biggest failure? Not saving accordingly when I went from 60+ hours of work down to 40 hours with less hourly pay. And getting two credit cards.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? oh jesus, what havent' I hurt in soccer. sprained my wrist, messed up my ankle so that I have to tape it before every game or I seriously can't kick the ball, hurt my thigh so bad that even though the bruise and huge lump has gone down after months there is still a scar.
11. What was the best thing you bought? a desk!!
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration? all of my friends for always being their for me
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? my brother
14. Where did most of your money go? you know what, this time, i can't even say clothes. Honestly, rent, flights to see my dad, furniture and accessories for my kick ass apartment. I never knew I could get so excited about bath towels and candles. Yikes I"m my mother
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? moving into our apartment and getting a walk in closet. and you wonder why i dont' go out
16. What song will always remind you of 2005? nothing. i listen to the radio and as soon as i start hearing the same thing too many times I drive to work with it off.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:I. happier or sadder? Happier
II. thinner or fatter? i'm a yoyo. it sucks. i think i'm constantly the same unless I really really gain weight which i've been known to do.
II. richer or poorer? as poor as I've ever been.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? saved money
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? actually nothing. that would be regretting and I hate to regret
20. How did you spend Christmas? visiting family, visiting my brother in jail, worrying my grandma would say something about my weight, worrying she wouldnt' say something about my weight, then to my mom's house holed up in her office on the computer while her and her friends got drunk in the living room. Bed early. This is why I prefer to not come home.
But when I got back to chicago, those couple hours before bed and work the next day, were the best xmas ever!! :)

2 Comments:
pat had a kid???
awww, good post large, heres to a happy, healthy and prosperous 2006! cheers!
Post a Comment
<< Home