Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I have the most amazing friends

Well, my birthday, my quarter of a century sucky holiday birthday turned out to be one of the best birthdays I have EVER had! Miss Shellie really out did herself and made everything work out perfectly. One of the highlights of the night was me coming home from work and her hiding behind a tree bc we had both gotten home at the same time and she had a birthday balloon for me. It was hilarious.

After we threw on some casual digs we left to pick up most of the gang and headed towards this really great sushi restaurant. Philadelphia rolls, octopus and some kind of red dragon thing shellie picked out. Yum. Fantastic.

And then, sneaky Shellie and my friend Sassy conspired to pull me away from the table for a bit. Sassy had baked me a double layered chocolate cake and had even put real tiny roses around and in the cake for decorations. It was so pretty! I walked back to a table filled with friends singing happy birthday and a cake lit with candles. I almost started crying. It was great. I haven't had someone go to this much trouble for my birthday since I turned 16 and my mom got me 16 pink balloons and 16 pink roses.

After dinner we went to see Brokeback Mountain. It was good, if not a little too long. I think I would have enjoyed it more if I would have watched it at my house. Plus I had invited the 'new guy' (the one i'm going on a date with tonight) so how's that for awkward. Hey, we haven't really hung out but do you wanna meet us for a movie and watch two guys make out and have sex and not really be able to talk to each other since we're watching a movie. Talk about breaking the ice. hehe. But, we'll see how tonight goes. Dinner and a possible movie again. This is turning out to be a fabulous Birthday week. I get to see my dad tomorrow too.

So, we didn't get home last night until 1am and I am so incredibly tired it's taking all my effort to just keep my eyes open. I don't want to be at work. :( Hopefully I don't fall asleep during dinner tonight. God I"m nervous. Dates make me nervous. Dating makes me nervous. I don't really like to date. I'd rather hang out with someone in a group until I feel really comfortable enough with them to hang out one on one.

Hmmm... I'll update everyone tomorrow and let ya'll know how it went.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelley said...

sounds like u had a great birthday night! how did your date go? did u have it yet? U like octopus rolls? goooooooo. Remember when I got sushi at the apartment that one time and u all were afraid of it. The hussie was too! :-) ok well have a good day! miss u!

February 16, 2006 at 7:40 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

why cant people do this shit for my birthday?! im the girl that acts like a four year old around her birthday! *sigh* humpf. im not HAVING a birthday next year! (hehe)

okay enough of the four year old bitching. let me just say that this cake with roses sounds and looks amazing to me in my head. i got this clear visual image of this awesome fucking cake! mmmm! and sushi too?! im craving it now! im glad you had such a great bday, say hi to your papa for me of course!

how was the date?! email me... details baby, details.

February 16, 2006 at 8:02 AM  
Blogger David Stehle said...

"God I"m nervous. Dates make me nervous. Dating makes me nervous. I don't really like to date."

Ha-ha. Relax, I'm sure you'll do just fine. Just in case, pack some Xtra Dry deodorant in your purse and some Tums so you don't toss your cookies up if he tries to put a move on you Nervous Nelly. :)

Besides, what are you so nervous about? He's the one who is dating the rock hard abs girl in training. Let him sweat it out.

February 17, 2006 at 9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home