PROMOTION!!!!
Alrighty everyone. The time has finally come.....I am offically moving over into the 9-5er full time world of adult hood! I got a promotion and my Design job offered me a full time position. That means......yep...you're thinking right....NO MORE WORKING AT THE BAR. Which also means; regular sleep hours (no more 20hour shifts with 2 hours sleep), not dealing with rude, billegerently drunk, asshole people, or consuming heaps and heaps of secondary smoke! I'm sure ya'll can tell how excited I am. This has been long waiting and I honestly don't know how much longer my body could have taken the schedule I was on. So, happily, this past Saturday I gave my two weeks notice to a bar i've called 'sort of home' for about a year and a half. This was my first income upon moving to chicago but it definitley won't be my last. I had some great times, met some incredible people which I will have the pleasure of still staying close with, and I did learn a thing or two. So yet another chapter in my life is nearing an end and we're about to begin a new one filled with benefits! I'm talking life, dental and medical. I don't even remember what its like to go to a doctor. i.e. you broke your leg = find a piece of wood to splint it up with and wrap some guaze around it bc you sure as hell aren't going to the doctors, that shit costs too damn much money and you're still paying off a hospital bill from over a year ago!
So, in 2 weeks time, I will be a very happy, more relaxed, full time employee. I will also have my weekends off so now is the time for everyone to pack their things and come rushing to chicago to hang out! Start looking for flights bc I miss everyone! :)

6 Comments:
look for flights?!?! you owe me a visit young lady!
flight!!!? yikes, that is gonna be expensive, shells and i were gonna try and drive i thought or is it gonna be the same price for gas vs. flight?
you're dumb. i didnt say fly. i was just responding to your post b/c you said to start looking for flights. i said "look for flights?!?!?!" get it now? yes i knew you were trying to drive here.
Wow- congrats Large! Thats great news! Way to go!!!! Come visit me!
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! ! YOU DERSERVE IT! CALL ME I WANT ALL THE DETAILS! MUAH!
Congrats Jess. That is awesome.
Post a Comment
<< Home