Everythings Bigger in Texas!
Well the long awaited weekend is over and not only was it fun but pretty eventful. Let me recap for ya'll. ;)
Thursday morning, shells and I make a mad dash to the airport just in time to have the lady at the ticket counter, very rudely i might add, tell us that our flight is leaving in 5 minutes and there is no way we'll make it throught security in time to catch it. So, yes, we missed our flight. Fucking dammit. Wasn't happy about that one. The lady then assured us, by 90% I might add, that we would be able to get on the next flight at noon on stand by. Fuckin lady was obviously horrible at math in school bc that 90% chance was more of a 30% chance. HUGE DIFFERENCE! We couldn't get on the noon flight. Finally by 2:45, the gods decided to smile on us and kick us out of the damn midway airport onto a flight bound for Dallas Texas. Yes! The trip has finally begun and I have had about 1 hour of sleep in over 24 hours. I'm a bit cranky at this point. Do you blame me? We finally arrive and we get to meet Graeme!! Yay, our long awaited email friend has finally come face to face with us. yay for Graeme. He picked us up from the airport bc he is such a stellar guy.
Thursday night, we proceed to traipse all around Texas (I'm not even sure where) to a couple of dead ass bars (the last one was pretty decent, the decor rocked)and try and swallow beer as fast as the one hour till closing would allow us. (you'll begin to see a pattern with this.. :) )Met some nice guys who called me ma'am. Yikes what am I , your teacher. Guess its a southern thing....moving onto friday and sat (which i'm going to group otherwise this blog will become a real novel)
Friday/Saturday. shells and I went to lis's show at the art festival. I'm gonna give a shout out to lis and say her stuff seriously rocked! Amazing work and I was proud to be at her booth. So we basically hung out and helped set up her stuff and drank beers out of the cooler while I unsuccessfully tried to outmanuver these deadly ants. Those fuckers can bite hard. Fri night we went late night to the bar where we met a bunch of lis's soccer friends and again ...tried to swallow beers before they closed. I"m horrible at chugging, i've come to realize this. Not good. Sat night we went to this place called "Z" I think and I must admit that shellie, lis and I rocked the house in that place. We were dancing machines. Aww...such a good time and I'll post pics of our talented routine as soon as they are developed. Betcha all can't wait! :)
Sunday. Let's just say we shopped a little bit....oh boy.....did we ever. I got some kick ass threads though. And lets not forget the cheese fries. Good choice tom!
Monday. Pool day! I loved being a sun whore this weekend and I've come to the conclusion that I must have a pool! I must, this is not a 'want' this is a 'need' therefore I must have it!. Then we did lunch with lis and tom and sadly we were on our way to the airport again. Boo hoo! And of course....our flight was delayed. I fuckin hate the goddamn airport. NOt to mention I left 60$ worth of prints that I had bought at the fair for my grandma and mom for christmas on the damn plane. Fuck fuck fuck. Thats it, i'm done flying......back to work now.

9 Comments:
i share your hatred of airports, i don't think any flight i've been on has gotten off the ground on time; usually they're an hour and a half late. it pisses me off, and i don't usually get pissed off.
welcome back to chicago, i wish i were there. =( i fly in friday and am in town until tuesday morning-let's go get smashed somewhere while i'm back. ^.^
well i would love to hang out but i must have left my life along with those prints on the plane. I have to work at my bar job all fuckin weekend bc low and behold its a 'holiday weekend' therefore resulting in me getting shitty shifts and being a slave. I hate my job. Hopefully your flight is safe and devoide of drama!
great post darlin'! love the recaps! and thanks of course for the shout out! the party was definetly at our booth! rock on! miss you already, see you soon...? i hope! nice killer threads by the way!
did u eat Texas toast? or is that a myth or something that does not really come from Texas??!?!?
you have to work all weekend? bleh, that sucks! well, if you wanna day-drink or anything stupid like that you know how to get ahold of me. ;)
maybe i'll bring some people down into the loop and we'll stop by your "other" job to say hi, make fun of tourists, and hit on you as annoyingly and cheesy as possible. lol! =x
kel: I didn't have texas toast but I had a mimosa swirl which was ta die for.
rob: call me when you get in bc i have sunday and mon off and i might go to the beach sat before work.
texas toast is the sh!t. Melissa got it as her bread for her chicken sandwich when she was visiting. the irony...
yeah texas toast makes good french toast! I would make my mom use that instead of regular bread so that I felt like I was eating less pieces instead of the usual entire loaf I would eat maybe a few less since Texas Toast is in fact Bigger hence the name Texas!
im obsessed with texas toast..maybe its cos i live in texas, im not sure. its so dang good tho!
Post a Comment
<< Home