I pose this question to you guys.....
I have what you could call a 'dating delima' currently on my hands. Ever heard the expression 'when it rains, it pours'? Well in my case this is true bc I have seriously been through what seems like a drought of potential guys that I am interested in and could possibly date. And then, next thing you know, the skies open up and downpour this huge storm of options in my path. Now, literally, it seems as if it is 'raining men'. hehe. So continuing past this little intro I have to pose my question of "How can a person (female in this case obviously) date/talk to more than one guy?"
Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be overzealous here and stack up admirers I'm seriously interested in more than one guy and I don't know the proper way to go about hanging out with these individuals. I'm having a loyatly issue here because there is someone that I am beginning to become rather close with* and am currently spending a good bulk of time with. Where does the line become drawn as far as dating around? I feel like there is always this unspoken agreement that sort of settles in like 'ok, it's just you and i now and we both know that if we do anything with anyone else it's considered cheating but we haven't really had the quote-on-quote 'talk' yet' I'm not trying to be shady about any of this, I just would like to see what is out there and now that I am back on the **'dating wagon' I don't feel the need to or want to immediatley settled down and start picking out wallpaper together! What do I do?
*this is the boy that touched my leg!
** this wagon is filled with single men and women that ride through life, hopping off sporatically to take mini-breaks of dating but none-the-less hop right back on until eventually they take that last hop into matrimony. Me....I prefer the wagon or no trip at all! I know....i'm a pessimist but it makes for good writing.

6 Comments:
here's what you do: date as many people as you want, you aren't doing anything wrong. have fun, live life, do what you want with your time; because ultimately it is your time-to spend, to save, to waste, to toss away...
so yeah, my advice is probably the worst possible-have fun, date around; just don't deny it if any of the boys ask. stand up straight, stick your chin out and say 'yes, i'm seeing other people right now; why?'
my view is skewed though, i'm one of those people who can handle it, i'm sort of like you; i like to stay on the wagon as much as possible. =D
large you are funny! well I don't know what to say... I'm not really up to par with the whole dating scene! I've been dating the same guy since I was 12 so I think I fall more in the old married couple category eventhough im not married- yet! :-) but hey I would say that its safe to hang out date around with these others in the Red radio flyer until you are sure what you want or who you are looking for. Who knows it may help you to realize the person you were looking for all along was infact in eyesight the whole time! so yeah take that wagon for a ride!
um i say date all of them until u want to have a "talk" because then u will be making the choice. and maybe its just me but i am like the perpetual dater, i always have commited relationships unless we break up and i feverishly look for someone else to date for those small sections of time in between dating a new long term relationship.
god did i just say i was dating a long term relationship. i'm a nerd.
anyway this whole dating more than one guy at a time doesn't really work unless they are doing the same. but if they were, think about it, you would be like wtf, why is he dating other girls, he's not worth my time blah blah blah i like this other guy better. so make sure you step into the other situation and think about it in reverse.
but im sure you have, you are a thorough worrier/thinker/OMG what do i do, what if it was this, this this this or this.
I LOVE YOU. everything will work out.
wow, everyone said all the things i was thinking so, um yeah. you only get one life to live, so you better live it the way you want to! love you!
sounds like the situation i was in a few months back...I would spend time with both but then you will eventually realize who it is you want to be with, i promise you. a word of advise though, make sure he is genuine, you may think know him but men have two different sides, i learned that the hard way. also, introduce these boys to your friends, they seem to know best. ps. i hope i didnt sound dumb.
dude the dawes is growing up! way to go! she found herself her man! a good one too!
Post a Comment
<< Home