just here
Something is missing. I'm treading water. Eventually my arms, my legs, my mind is going to get tired and then what happens? I sink. That's what happens. Now any rational person would tell me, well, you have free will, just swim over to the edge and get out. Swimming isn't all it's cracked up to be anyways. But I like the water. It's a refreshing change from standing out in the sweltering heat while I watch everyone else enjoying the water. But I know i'm going to sink. I truly do. I'm a lot stronger of a swimmer now, I know different techniques so that I don't exert all of my energy at once, kicking and paddling, freaking out that I need my head a certain amount above the water. But with all of this knowledge, all I'm really doing is prolonging the inevitable. I will eventually sink. So...here I am. Treading water. It's so sad. So very sad.

2 Comments:
jess, you totally sound like me here... "treading water", "riding a carousel"...
from our vantage point down here in the water all you can really do is keep treading along as you watch everyone else run past. don't you hate missing opportunity because you're stuck in one spot?
i know i do.
jess baby are you okay? your posts seem a little sad lately? is this new full time job thing more of an adjustment than you thought? is my baby okay? tell lissa whats going on!
Post a Comment
<< Home